The Beersocks Beer Blog

This Blog is dedicated to my many thoughts and feelings about beer. I will describe different beers and my experiences with them

Monday, September 12, 2005

Ahhh Yes the amazing Capital Amber


Well nothing sparked this post, but I did drink a few of these over the weekend so that should qualify. This has to be one of my all time favorite beers, and is possibly one the most drinkable beers in existence. How about a little history on the brewery...
The brewery was founded in 1984 just outside of Madison Wisconsin. They are a consistent medal winner at various brew fests. They brew a variety of beers, of which I have tried most. All are good, but today I'll talk about the amber. It has rich yet light malty flavor. The hops are subtle yet prominent. I'm pretty sure they are using a German hop, but I have no confirmation. It isn't cascade for sure.
Funny story about capital amber. The Foremost liquor by my house use to sell them for 6.50 a six pack. This was a fantastic deal, and with help of a good friend, I drank a lot of these. Then the owner raised the price to 7.50 and lowered sierra Nevada from 7.50 to 6.50. I'm convinced its because we were drinking so many capitol's and nothing else. He even admitted it a little, suggesting that our demand for the product was enough to raise prices. I still drink them, but I'm less happy about it.

1 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beer is good, so is vast. I like vast amounts of beer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home