The Beersocks Beer Blog

This Blog is dedicated to my many thoughts and feelings about beer. I will describe different beers and my experiences with them

Monday, August 01, 2005

The Brew Thru



So I was all over the place last week. Went to 5 different states in 5 days. Ended up down in the Outerbanks for some surfing with a great friend. WE used to go down there all the time when we were in College, and I hadn't been back since. One of our favorite things to do after surfing, was goin to the Brew Thru. Its a fantastic concept. Essentially you drive in to a garage and pick out your beer, then they hand it to you. You don't even have to get out of the car. We selected the Brew Thru ale, which was a beer brewed out of Deleware. It was pretty good, I would give it a 6.5 out of 10. The following day we wen t to get some wings in the Northern Virginia area, and the restaurant had its own brew. Well sort of, when we asked what it was, we were told in a quiet tone, "Miller Highlife". Man that isn't exactly a home brew is it? Not feeling for any champagne, we decided to go with a Foggy Bottom Ale, I'd say it was a 6.5 as well. Maybe I should come up with some sort of wacky rating scale? I need to remeber to start taking a camera with me on these trips. It would be great to get some live images. On this trip I also tried a Mendecino Red Hawk, a DogFish Head BPA (Brown Pale Ale), A Mendecino White Hawk, and a Red Hook Ryesomething? . All were good, and I would say with the exception of the redhook, which I give a 5, they would be rated at 8 out of 10. All in all it was a hoppy good time.

1 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Dr. Beer Socks said...

Ahh a new term the Korbel, the beer of Champagne.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home