The Beersocks Beer Blog

This Blog is dedicated to my many thoughts and feelings about beer. I will describe different beers and my experiences with them

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Polar

The national beer of Venezuela. A six pack was left in my fridge while I was out of town last week. It’s a very typical South American lager. A crisp taste; especially when ice cold, and a light body. You can drink them quick, and you want to drink them quickly, because as they warm up they become less and less appealing. This beer is great symbol for the current state of my life. It’s like a fairy that came in through my back door, knocked up my daughter, and stole my TV. Still I give it 5 out of 10 (still need a wacky rating system). It was fun to drink them with a friend last night, playing Baseball on playstation and shooting the shit. Unfortunately its also the last thing my exgirlfriend left in my house.... uggghhhhhh
Getting away from my personal strife, and back to what really matters, Polar has several different varieties. The best imho was Polar Ice. It is generally served in 10oz. bottles, which is perfect when you’re in a country that borders the equator. There are some other beers in Venezuela; all are similar to Polar, which by the way is one the biggest exports for Venezuela, aside from oil of course. When I was there, I tried every beer that I could find. There version of light beer, is absolutely terrible. Strange to have a light beer, when your beer is already a light beer, but thats how marketing works.

2 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Pipi Longstockings said...

How many kinds of beer are there? Doesnt it all taste the same?

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Dr. Beer Socks said...

Wow
I have no idea how many kinds of beer there are. They make beer pretty much every where in the world. I would love to try them all...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home